Opened in 1914, the Copacabana Fort is a military base at the south end of Copacabana beach that still preserves its original characteristics, it houses the Army Historical Museum and is a remembrance of Brazil historical moments as the 18 of Copacabana Fort Revolt in 1922.
|Paredes de 12 metros de espessura/ 12 meters thick walls|
|Names of the President of Brazil and others.|
It is worthy mentioning the Director of Engineering Cândido Rondon , famous for his exploration of the Western Amazon Basin and his lifelong support of Brazilian indigenous populations.
|View from the Fort|
|Capela de Nossa Senhora de Copacabana/ Nossa Senhora Chapel|
|Paiol de munições de canhão de 305 mm|
|Sala de curativos/ sickbay|
|Sala do Comandante/ Commander Office|
|Os 18 do Forte/ In honor of the 18 of the Fort (1922)|